Sunday, November 16, 2014

How To: Store outdoor gear in an appartment

I'm an apartment dweller and an outdoor lover.  This leads to one big problem: storage.

Back when I was looking for my apartment I was hoping to find something with a large storage room or extra closets.  In the end I found a place with great light, new floors, and reasonable rent...but no dice on the extra storage.

Luckily, these days there is a simple solution to our gear storage woes.  Take yourself down to Ikea and buy yourself a wardrobe.



Or two.  (What?  I have a lot of stuff.)

I got these two bad boys at Ikea for $250 each.  They don't sell this exact model anymore, but they have lots of options at a variety of price points.  Because I'm fancy I added a set of knobs from Anthropologie.  Ok, let's be honest.  Because I had a gift card I added the knobs from Anthro.  I mean, $8/knob?  Yowza.

To maximize functionality I added some simple S-hooks (available at hardware stores) to the hanging bar to accommodate my backpacks and panniers and a set of plastic drawers for small items (Craigslist for the win!).



It may not be as beautiful a built in or as spacious as a garage, but it's presentable, functional and rental friendly.  Have you found a storage solution for all your outdoor gear in your small space?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...