Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I Heart Wildflowers





Personal Photo from Yellow Island, San Juan Islands, WA



This is my ode to wildflowers and how they make my insides smile. The first time I ever saw a medow full of wildflowers was high in the Swiss Alps. I could have just died right there. Take me away, this was heaven. Dining on a picnic lunch of cheese and fresh bread on a rock amongst those gorgeous, steep, colorful meadows was liking Heidi come to life.


Since then I've seen many beautiful hillsides of wildflowers. Nothing compared to the brilliant display on Yellow Island, one of the San Juan Islands off the northern coast of Washington state. It takes only about 10 minutes to walk the circumference of the little islands but the whole thing is swathed in wildflowers in dozens of varieties and a rainbow of colours.


Wild spaces can be so awe inspiring. This is why we get outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...