Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

Hello Blogosphere!

Hello Blogosphere, is anyone out there?


My first post ever...how exhilarating yet humbling.


About this blog: I need an outlet from all the days spent in the concrete jungle. I'm hoping to find a network of like minded outdoor enthusiasts to connect and converse with. I also hope to provide some tools for beginning hikers/campers/outdoor etcetera-ers to enable their own adventures. I'm no expert and I'm far from hardcore, but hopefully I'm a person that the gangs of weekend warriors can relate to.



The view from Blueberry Ridge, above Mount Baker ski area.


About Me: I started backcountry camping in the fall of 2006 and have been slowly building my experience and my arsenal since then. I believe in leaving no trace, in encouraging others to experience the outdoors, and in appreciating the beauty all around me. It's my goal to visit a new National Park each year. My guy, Mountain Man, loves the outdoors as much as I do and is always pushing me to do something new and exciting. I do a lot of hiking and snowshoeing, a fair bit of camping, an increasing amount of road biking, a sprinkling of paddling, and a smidgen of climbing.


Hopefully I can encourage you to wander over and visit a while. If not, you'll just find me here typing away for my own amusement, dreaming of my next weekend adventure.


Happy Wandering,


CB

4 comments:

  1. Your trip report about Garibaldi Lake and Panorama Ridge at http://www.hikingtripreports.com/2009/04/28/garibaldi-lake-panorama-ridge is great! Couldn't agree more that this is a 'must-do' trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! It's one of those trips that I'd like to do over and over again. The whole Garabaldi area is just such a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wildermiss-
    I'm still hoping you're going to send me a photo to use for "Thrifty Threads."

    Check it out- I've got a guy this time- awesome. It will be up tomorrow morning (wed 7/8)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! I keep not having anyone around to take a picture. But I'm working on it, I haven't forgotten!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...