- Cooking spray
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 and 1/2 cups assorted nuts and seeds (your choice)
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups mixed dried fruit (your choice)
- 1/2 cup powdered nonfat dry milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9x13" pan with cooking spray.
- Put all ingredients except honey and eggs in a food processor and pulse until mixture is finely chopped. Add honey and eggs and pulse until combined.
- Transfer to baking pan and spread evenly. Bake for about 20 minutes.
- If you want a lower glycemic index try agave nectar instead of honey.
- To keep the costs down buy only what you need from the bulk section instead of packaged items. I found everything in bulk including wheat germ, whole wheat flour, and dry milk.
- The mixture is extremely sticky. If you are having trouble spreading it in the pan try the following: 1) use a non stick spatula, 2) create your own non stick spatula by spraying your utensil with cooking spray, 3) use a sheet of wax paper to push mixture into pan.
- For a quick snack on the go wrap cut bars in wax paper and store in the freezer.
- If you like to see some whole nuts and fruit in your bar just keep some aside while you do the food processing and mix it in after.